Friday, April 8, 2011

More Mural

A quick update on the mural I was working on.  I outlined it in a cream-colored paint which turned out kind of neat.  However, it didn't really have the impact I was hoping for when you walk in to the house. It is just too delicate compared to our dark, chunky furniture.

After discussing it with the kids, I think I'm going to redo it in a rust color with some dark olive green shading. I plan to keep it just the outline and not fill it in. I also have to finish the bottom of it (I couldn't decide if I wanted roots or grass or nothing)

I like the light color very much and am thinking of either doing this in my bedroom or in the hallway.  I think it'd look awesome in the hallway, but the hallway is currently a cream color and so even bright white wouldn't have much contrast.  Hmmmm...

(My original post about starting this mural)

No comments:

Post a Comment