Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Transition Moulding...A Small Success

Wow!  What a gorgeous day today!  I am practically giddy with how mild the weather has been lately.  So giddy that every little triumph seems extra special.  I am currently quite pleased with some transition moulding we put up over the weekend.

We needed it because the pre-existing moulding throughout the house is smaller than the moulding we used in the kitchen.  Was there a reason we bought taller moulding for the kitchen?  Who knows?  I can't remember.  

Anyhow,  it would have looked weird to butt the two sizes right against each other so we needed a transition piece between the two.   The block kind they sell at the stores would be too big and wouldn't look right style-wise.  So I talked my husband into making some himself, something that would work with the plain-Jane ranch moulding but also go with our cabinet moulding, which is a bit fancier.  

Happily, we had some leftover oak moulding from a book case he made for our previous home that would be perfect.  Didn't cost us a dime and looks pretty too!  (I wouldn't be such a pack-rat if it didn't pay off as often as it does!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment